A: Yes, you can choose your NDIS service provider and switch providers at any time if you are not happy with the services you are receiving.
A: Yes, you can involve your family, carers, or support network in the NDIS planning process. They can provide valuable input into your goals and the support you need to achieve them.
A: Pre-meetings with NDIS providers are not mandatory but can help ensure you receive the right support and services under the NDIS.

A: The NDIS manages funding through three types of funding management: agency-managed, plan-managed, and self-managed.

  • Agency managed: In this type of funding management, the NDIA manages the funds and pays the service providers directly. Participants can choose from various NDIS providers, and providers claim payment electronically from the participant’s funding. 
  • Plan managed: In plan management, a plan management provider manages the funds and pays the service providers on behalf of the participant. Providers claim payment from the plan manager, who then pays them from the participant’s funding.
  • Self-managed: In self-management, the participant or their representative manages the funds and pays the service providers directly. Participants and providers must keep records of all transactions and receipts and ensure they meet all legal and taxation requirements.
A: You may need to pay a co-contribution or gap fee for some supports and services under the NDIS, which will depend on your plan and the support you require.

A: The NDIS Price Guide sets out the maximum amount providers can charge for each support item, and providers cannot charge more than the total amount in the Price Guide.

A: The NDIS covers a range of supports and services, including personal care, household tasks, community participation, therapy services, and more. The support you receive will depend on your individual needs and goals.

A: If you are over 65, you may be eligible for another disability insurance system instead of the NDIS. 

A: If you are not approved for NDIS funding, you can also explore other options for support and services, such as through the state or territory government or community organisations.